Thinking of selling your home? Typically, selling a home is a drawn-out process that requires hiring a realtor, listing your home on the real estate market, marketing your listing, and staging the home for open house showings to convince potential buyers.
The process also involves taking care of significant repairs and sprucing up the property, hiring a lawyer to handle the sea of paperwork, and much more.
Due to the pandemic, most builders and buyers have primarily shifted to the virtual world in the real estate market for everything from virtual tours to digital contract signings.
In a housing market that is not doing well, you can have your house listed on the market for months without any interest from buyers. This is where a company like Properly comes in to change the game entirely.
In my Properly review, I will discuss the real estate company that serves as a one-stop-shop for buying and selling homes for Canadians. Hopefully, my review will give you all the information you need to determine whether Properly is worth your while.
Use: Real Estate Fintech
Wealthawesome Score: 4.2/5
- Sell your home with more convenience
- Searching for homes to buy is easier
- Completely free home value report
- Accurate home valuation
- Ability to sell for cash
- Available in Toronto, Calgary and Ottawa
- Pricing tool doesn’t work for apartments
- Same fees as a realtor
Summary: Properly offers people with a backup offer on their home, should it not sell on the market in a 90 day period
What is Properly?
Features and Benefits of ProperlyIn this section of my Properly review, I will discuss the company, all its features, and the benefits you stand to gain from using the platform to buy and sell homes.
1.Ease in Selling a HomeThe first benefit of using Properly has to be the opportunity it offers potential sellers a backup offer on their home, releasing equity. If your home doesn’t sell on the market within 90 days, Properly will buy it directly from you at the backup sale price. Properly uses technology to accurately estimate the value of your home in an instant, based on various factors. Once it has an estimated value, your home will go on the market for 90 days, with a backup sale at the agreed price after 90 days. Properly has set criteria for your home to qualify for the ProperPrice™ Report. For instance, if you have a property in Ottawa, the price range must be within $250,000 and $700,000. For homes in Calgary, the property should be valued within the range of $250,000 to $485,000. Properly uses advanced computer algorithms that predict the value of your home with 99% accuracy. The algorithm factors in several aspects, including the actual selling price of homes, the real estate market trends, and unique features in your home that help it stand out. Should you accept the offer that it makes, Properly offers a third-party home inspection to calculate the cost of repairs, if necessary. Properly undertakes the cost of the home inspection to make the process entirely free for you. After the inspection is complete, you can choose when you want to move out. This gives you the freedom to move out without overlapping mortgage payments and receiving your certified check.
2.Ease in Buying a HomeProperly also facilitates the sales of homes. After it makes the necessary improvements on properties it purchases, Properly lists the home on its website for interested buyers. If you want to buy a home through Properly, it connects you with a full-service realtor who helps you find the ideal home based on your requirements. The client advisor who helps you find the home will be provided to you free of cost until you find the right home and close it.
3. Properly ProperPrice™ ReportProperly does not limit itself to providing the home value to people who want to sell their homes. Even if you do not plan to sell your house or buy a house, you can use its free tool to track the value of your home over time.
Cost of Using ProperlyProperly offers its service at the same price as selling and buying through a traditional realtor (5% of the current home value). The 5.9% to 7.9% fee might seem a lot for some people, but it comes with additional convenience. When you buy or sell through traditional real estate avenues, you have to add the hassle of open houses, paying the fees to lawyers, manage and pay the cost of repairs, clean the home, and pay a realtor a fee of 4-5%.
Other Benefits of Using ProperlyUsing Properly to realize your real estate goals gives you several opportunities to benefit, including:
- Selling your home for cash.
- Having a guaranteed backup offer should your home not sell on the market in 90 days
- No waiting for months to sell your home.
- Provides you with a proven 99% accurate home valuation.
- Properly provides you with a guarantee for 50% profit share generated after it sells your home in addition to the value it paid you to purchase the property from you.
- You get to sell your home without worrying about repairs, maintenance, or any lengthy processes with lawyers.
- Properly provides you with a third-party home inspection free of cost.
- You can track your home’s value for free through ProperPrice™ Report, even if you don’t plan to sell.
- Properly matches you with top-rated real estate agents if you use Properly to buy a house.